Applications will require interview, referrals, training, and background checks.
Email email@example.com for more information.
After School Dance Instructors needed for the 2017-2018 school year!
MamLuft&Co. Dance seeks a qualified, motivated, experienced dance instructors for our 2017-2018 afterschool programs beginning September 2017. Applicant must be able to teach Modern Dance and Ballet to children ranging from 3 to 12 years of age (jazz and tap are pluses but may not be required at this time). Instructor will be working remotely in a school or community center in the Cincinnati area, and thus must be able to work independently with little or no on-the-job direct supervision. Additionally, instructor must have reliable transportation to and from assigned location. As this is not a traditional studio setting, ideal candidate would have experience teaching in a variety of settings to children from a variety of backgrounds with varying levels of experience.
Note that this is a contracted position, and as such the instructor will be expected to invoice MamLuft&Co. Dance for payments. The new hire will be paid a set rate per 35- to 40-minute class. Preparation and commute time is not paid, however, mandatory bi-monthly staff meetings are paid (dates and time TBD).
Hours in most demand are weekday afternoons starting sometime between 2-4pm and ending sometime between 4-6pm. Times vary by location and program.
New hire will need to attend a training session with Education and Outreach Director to review ML&Co. guidelines and policies.
- Considerable dance training. Although this is not a traditional studio setting, expectations are high: Instructor is expected to provide students with high quality and sound technical training, possess effective class management skills, and maintain clear and consistent communication with parents and with MamLuft&Co. Dance.
Skills and Experience:
- At least two years teaching experience
- Teaching in school and community settings often involves behavioral and class management issues that are not as prevalent in traditional studio settings: Must be able to effectively discipline while maintaining an encouraging and supportive environment.
- Must be able to work with students who have little to no dance experience and who may not yet be familiar with “dance etiquette”.
- Must be able to work remotely and manage class time effectively with little to no on-the-job direct supervision.
- Must be able to create a recital piece beginning in mid-October 2017 to be finished and presented in May 2018 with the use of pre-existing costumes in MamLuft&Co. Dance’s “costume closet”.
- Must possess strong communication and collaborative skills: Must be able to respond to emails in a timely manner and readily communicate via text message and phone. Must be able to attend mandatory bi-weekly staff meetings and work respectfully alongside other staff under the direction of MamLuft&Co. Dance.
- Must be responsible, reliable, and able to maintain regular attendance to all assigned classes.
- Must be self-motivated and passionate about educating children in the art of dance
Must pass local, state, and federal background check at own expense, and obtain the Cincinnati Public Schools (CPS) Security Badge (required of anyone entering CPS buildings on a regular basis.)
How to Apply:
- Send resume of experience and dance training, and cover letter (addressing above requirements), to Abby Carlozzo at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
Click here for a PDF version of the after school dance instructor position.